Most of the time I’m not to keen on fussing over breakfast for the week. For me it’s the meal I have to eat before I get to the best part of the day, lunch o’clock. So it’s a struggle for me to make something that will be appetizing and relatively healthy. Well I’ve since learned how to make a frittata, ever since I got my cast iron and they’ve been the perfect solution to my problem.
I’ve since learned why a frittata is so great, here are my top 10 reasons why:
- A frittata is quick and easy to make.
- There is an endless combination of ingredients to use.
- It’s perfect to serve large groups.
- It can be a weeks work of breakfast.
- It’s easy to serve.
- It’s is easy to pack for work.
- Frittatas are yummy.
- You can trick your kids into eating vegetables.
- You can trick yourself into eating more vegetables.
- They’re great to Instagram.
I mean look how pretty all these ingredients are. I love blasting some music on a Sunday afternoon and chop, chop, chopping away. It’s best to walk around your local farmer’s market to see what’s in season and use that for your frittata. To serve it’s best paired with a yummy sauce like a mint, lemon, and yogurt sauce or garlic aioli.
When packing for lunch just simply divide into however many parts you need. For most of us that’s five slices, but I usually just cut it into six so the pieces are more even and I will have one extra for the weekend. If you want to be the envy of your office I really suggest giving this a try. Everyone will think you’re the most domesticated goddess, or god, there is. But don’t let them in on your secret how easy it is, just send them this recipe instead. 😉